- (2016) Undergraduate thesis on stochastic modelling. Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain.
- (2015) MSc project on linking biological standards: SBOL (Synthetic Biology Open Language) <-> SEVA (Standard European Vector Architecture). MSc title on Bioinformatics, Hospital Carlos III - CNIC. Madrid, Spain
- (2010) Three undergraduate thesis in the field of bacterial computing. All the students were from the University Collage of Computer Science (UPM - Madrid). Spain.
Units and University teaching
- (2016 - ) Lecturer in the MSc course on Synthetic Biology at Newcastle University, UK.
- (2014 - 2016) Lectures on synthetic biology at the bachelor's degree in biomedical engineering at UC3M.
- (2013) I gave a lecture of the Master in Biotechnology of the UAM. Spain.
- (2011 - 2012) First year programming at Manchester Metropolitan University (UK). This unit introduces a high level programming language and includes principles and practice in problem solving, program design, solution implementation and testing.
Other courses imparted (not updated!)
The software DiSCUS (Discrete Simulation of Conjugation Using Springs) is designed to simulate bacterial growth and communication through horizontal gene transfer (conjugation). The software (v1 - released 2012) can be downloaded from here. DiSCUS paper, which explains parameters and dynamics can be found here. Demo videos: